"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:27
It is God's heart that all His children come to know Him as their loving father. This is imparative in the lives of the orphaned and fatherless. The 'spirit of adoption' that Paul speaks of in Romans 8:14-17, shows us a way to minister to the orphaned and fatherless through an understanding that we are all members of God's family.
Our heart is to reach out to the orphaned and fatherless both locally and translocally through ministry partnerships with those currently working with orphanages, street kids and inner-city youth.
“Defend the cause of the weak and the fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Deliver the weak and needy from the hand of the wicked.” Ps 82:3-4
We would love to hear from you, if you are involved, or would like to be involved in ministry with orphans or foster children. Impacting these children is the cry of our hearts.
Thank you so much for the time and effort you shared with us. Really amazing and so much joy brought into our hearts...We hope and pray that it will happen again. Always remember that you have family here in the Philippines... your House of the Heroes family.
Set aside a time and place to pray specifically for
children living on the streets and in slums. Here are some ways to pray for children who are poor or orphaned:
1. Ask God to provide food, shelter, water, and health to those without income or resources.
2. Ask God to touch your own heart, making you sensitive to the needs of the poor and orphaned.
3. Pray that churches serving those affected by poverty will be able to provide spiritual comfort and physical help to children in their
4. Pray that God will touch the hearts of political leaders to make decisions in the best interests of the poor and orphaned.
5. Pray that God will protect those who are poor or orphaned from abuse and exploitation by others who have greater power or resources.
6. Ask God to call His people to demonstrate His love for the poor and orphaned—both in our own communities and around the world.
7. Pray that God will help the poor and orphaned gain the understanding and power needed to improve their own circumstances.